MZC Service Times
Family Service Sunday 10:45 - 12:00
Saturday prayer time...
Saturday 3rd June 2017
Saturday prayer time.
Where are we? In Gods house.
Something to think about. Psalm 122:
Lets think about- “being in Gods presence....”
Lord, I come to you, Let my heart be changed, renewed,
Flowing from the grace That I found in you.
And, Lord, I've come to know The weaknesses I see in me
Will be stripped away by the power of your love.
Hold me close, Let your love surround me,
Bring me near, Draw me by your side;
And as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle, And I will soar with you; Your spirit leads me on In the power of your love.
Lord, unveil my eyes, Let me see you face to face,
The knowledge of your love As you live in me.
Lord, renew my mind As your will unfolds in my life,
In living every day In the power of your love.
Imagine being an Apostle waiting for the “gift”
In the quiet time, imagine what it must have been like for the disciples, when Jesus left them, saying to wait for the one His Father would send... (John14:25 )
Lets think about who the Holy spirit is.
You shall receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you...
Wow, Ill bet the disciples could not ever have guessed what was in store for them on Pentecost! Tongues of fire that came to rest on each of them... and they began to speak in different tongues as the Holy spirit enabled them. (Acts 2 )
Lets take some time to thank our Father and our King Jesus for allowing us to receive the Holy spirit, our helper. Lets remember he is the third person of the trinity, and as such is wise, immensely powerful, our teacher and guide, full of grace and love, and right here with us, wanting to help us through each day.
The Holy spirit in our lives today...
Lets take some time to listen to the Holy spirit, and what he wants to share with us today.
(1 cor 2:10) “these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. “
Come Holy spirit, speak to us, please share our Fathers hopes and dreams for us. Help us to hear you Holy spirit, help us to follow you. Help us to dream big and compassionate dreams, and help us to work with you to bring them into reality.
The Holy Spirit
1. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8).
2. He guides us into all truth (John 16:13).
3. He regenerates us (John 3:5-8; Titus 3:5)
4. He glorifies and testifies of Christ (John 15:26; 16:14)
5. He reveals Christ to us and in us (John 16:14-15)
6. He leads us (Rom. 8:14; Gal. 5:18; Matt. 4:1; Luke 4:1).
7. He sanctifies us (2 Thess. 2:13; 1 Pet. 1:2; Rom. 5:16).
8. He empowers us (Luke 4:14; 24:49; Rom. 15:19; Acts 1:8).
9. He fills us (Eph. 5:18; Acts 2:4; 4:8, 31; 9:17).
10. He teaches us to pray (Rom. 8:26-27; Jude 1:20).
11. He bears witness in us that we are children of God (Rom. 8:16).
12. He produces in us the fruit or evidence of His work and presence (Gal. 5:22-23).
13. He distributes spiritual gifts and manifestations (the outshining) of His presence to and through the body (1 Cor. 12:4, 8-10; Heb. 2:4).
14. He anoints us for ministry (Luke 4:18; Acts 10:38).
15. He washes and renews us (Titus 3:5).
16. He brings unity and oneness to the body (Eph. 4:3; 2:14-18). Here He plays the same role that He plays in the Godhead. The Spirit is the life that unites Father and Son. He plays the same role in the church. When He is operating in a group of people, He unites them in love. Therefore, a sure evidence of the Holy Spirit working in a group is Love and Unity. Not signs and wonders (those are seasonal and can be counterfeited).
17. He is our guarantee and deposit of the future resurrection (2 Cor. 1:22; 2 Cor. 5:5)
18. He seals us unto the day of redemption (Eph. 1:13; 4:30).
19. He sets us free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:2).
20. He quickens our mortal bodies (Rom. 8:11).
21. He reveals the deep things of God to us (1 Cor. 2:10).
22. He reveals what has been given to us from God (1 Cor. 2:12).
23. He dwells in us (Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 3:16; 2 Tim. 1:14; John 14:17).
24. He speaks to, in, and through us (1 Cor. 12:3; 1 Tim. 4:1; Rev. 2:11; Heb 3:7; Matt. 10:20; Acts 2:4; 8:29; 10:19; 11:12, 28; 13:2; 16:6,7; 21:4,11).
25. He is the agent by which we are baptized into the body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:13).