MZC Service Times
Family Service Sunday 10:45 - 12:00
Saturday prayer time...
Happy new year...
Saturday 6th January 2018
Saturday prayer time.
Where are we? In Gods house.
Holy spirit, please join us and guide our hearts and minds with what pleases our Lord Jesus....
Lets think about- “being in Gods presence....”
My Jesus, my Saviour
Lord there is none like You
All of my days I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My comfort, my shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You
Shout to the Lord all the Earth, let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hand
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have
Happy new year to you all!!!!
Reflecting over the prayer time last year, there was a lot about seasons. This year we are starting off with journeys...
Lets start off this quiet time thinking about our plans for the year to come. What is it you would like to achieve or see? What would you like to invest your time and effort in? Why not take some time now to discuss your hopes and plans with our dear Lord Jesus? Why not ask him to share your journey with you this year? Why not ask for His wisdom to guide you?
Its at this time of year we all make new years resolutions to change some aspect of our lives. Now might be a good time to think about what we would like to improve or change about our relationship with our Lord Jesus and Father God. Here are some things to think about.
- Saying Good morning to Jesus and Father God when we wake
- Saying Good night when we go to sleep
- Making 5 minutes to read a passage from the bible each day
- Taking 5 minutes at lunch time to pray for those we work with
- Take 2 minutes to say thank you for the day and all you have done with Him that day.
- Before big decisions, why not take 1 minute each day for 3 days to ask for guidance and His wisdom to do the best thing.
- On Sunday why not take 5 minutes to thank our Lord for the week gone by and for the week to come. This is a great time to reflect on what He has done with you and can be like walking down memory lane with Jesus.
- why not 'Adopt' 2 people to pray for each day for just 1 minute for a week at a time, asking for Grace, provision, love and a closeness to Jesus for them.
So many possibilities, so little paper!
The point of this process is how can we walk closer to our Lord Jesus in the year to come. How can we improve our relationship with our Father in Heaven this year? What would we like to see when we look back over the year next Christmas?
The beginning of the new year is a great time to adopt “new habits” to incorporate into our lives for our Christian journey.
May God bless your journey this year!
Happy new year!